Friday, March 4, 2016

Sensory Activity for Toddlers

Hello lovelies,

Keeping a child entertained and engaged can be hard, especially if they're a toddler. My daughter loves books, but gets bored of them so fast, as she is active and always needs something that can spark her attention. I try as much as possible to use books with pictures and have her identify what she sees. She also has a few block puzzles, but all of that can get so repitive. With that said the other day I was looking up activities for toddlers and came across something similar to what I am going to share with you.

Activities for toddlers and children don't have to be something that takes up a lot of time preparing and you don't need to go out and by items, you can easily use what you have at home. For this activity you can find all of the items needed right in your kitchen.

A floor mat (for easy clean up and to create boundaries)
Large bowl or plastic container
A small container or cup
Measuring spoons
Dried pasta
Dried beans
Buttons &
A toddler

I poured the pasta and beans into a plastic container, sat my daughter down with a measuring spoon and a small baby bullet container and let her have at it. I showed her first how to pick up the items and put them in the container and she had so much fun. The first time I had to help her empty her container because it was full she didn't want me to take it 'cause she was having too much fun. In order to give her more stimulation I added some buttons to the cotainer and helped her fish them out.

Both activities kept her well entertained and it was also a chance for her to use her fine motor skills while having fun. Let me know if you try this out with your tots and what other activities you and your little one also enjoy together!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment