Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pregnancy Weeks 13-20

Hello lovelies,

In this post I will recap the first half of my second trimester!!! It is seriously insane how fast this pregnancy is flying by. This little baby is growing so fast and so am I!
If you are unaware I am now, while writing this 22 weeks pregnant! Crazy right? I know!

You hear stories of other pregnant women all of the time, but never really understand certain things until they happen to you.

Did anyone else really expect to have pee every 5 minutes or literally right after a glass of water? I thought it took longer to travel down to my bladder, apparently not. And what about (while on the topic of an uncontrollable bladder) coughing and laughing, please no, not until I get home (or at least to the closest bathroom)!

Omg and dont even get me started on always being hungry! That and eating my favourite food only to realize that it is sooo not babies favourite food.

And then the joys of feeling baby move. Was that really baby or just gas again.

Anyways... here are the weeks and what happened/how I felt during them.

Week 13:
- had a dr's. appt and heard babies heart beat!! 149bmp
- starving all of the time
- cannot stand to look at raw meat and will not touch chicken, unless it is fried
- bleeding slowing down. Only occurs during the night with nothing during the day.

Week 14:
- felt baby kick for the first time when sitting down.
- a lot of blood during the night for one day only.
- starving
- car sickness
- gained a total of 6lbs
Now weighing in at 123lbs

Week 15 (Dec. 19th - 25th):
- could feel more movement, when my fiancé was talking to my belly. Other days baby does flips. Feeling small flutters everyday and occasional kicks on some days.
- tired
- suffered the worst ice storm in the city since the late '80's and had no power for three days!
- finally got power back on Christmas eve and I received the best and unexpected gift from boyfriend....fiancé. He proposed!! He was so sweet and I was and still am so happy!!
Belly: 34 2/8"
Waist: 29 1/2"

Week 16:
- starving
- motion sickness
- more energy some days
- light headed and dizzy some days
- had another dr's. appt and my ob found babies heart beat again, but she couldn't keep it because baby is soo active and keeps on moving!
- still no more bleeding yay!! Dr. Is very happy with my health and babies health.

Week 17:
- still no blood, everything feels good!!
- dreamed that baby was a boy, but I still have no idea. My fiancé and I both have our ideas of what baby is, but not 100%.
- light headed and dizzy still some days
- really thirsty
- baby is really active at night
- able to eat chicken again!
Waist: 30 1/8"
Belly: 35"

Week 18:
- tired
- itchy belly
- was listening to a Bob Marley song and baby started moving.
- started playing Beethoven for baby while getting ready for work and at night.
- baby still active, especially at night
- noticed a bald spot on my head; alopecia. Not too worried as I had it when I was a teenager as well and my dad had it before.

Week 19:
- nausea and really bad motion sickness
- ate Pizza Pizza and it made me feel so sick.
- horrible sinus congestion
- headache
- sore throat ...ugh
- had an ultrasound and my fiancé was able to come with me!!
- baby was so active and we were able to find out the gender.
- of course we went shopping afterwards, but what colours we bought are still a secret to our families.... ;)
- we will be telling our families closer to our shower date.

Week 20:
- tired
- still congested, have a sinus infection
- certain foods make me yuck
- dr's. appt to follow up from my ultrasound
- baby hit a nerve and gave me a muscle spasm and made me involuntarily kick out my leg. Very embarrassing at work!

Gained a total of 13lbs!! Yikes!
Now weighing in at 131lbs

If you are or have been pregnant, what are your most memorable pregnancy symptoms?
When did you first feel your baby move?
What are your least favourite memories during your second trimester?

Thanks for reading everyone and continuing to follow me on this amazing journey!!!

Until next time...

xoxo
annpaige

No comments:

Post a Comment