Thursday, November 20, 2014

How to Look Amazing After Giving Birth!

Hello Lovelies!!!!

Giving birth is one of the most beautiful and natural things in the world and I truly feel blessed for being able to conceive, carry and deliver my beautiful daughter aĆ» nautural (aside from being induced due to my water breaking early). Aside from all the beauty and glory (and pain and agony) that comes with labour, no one prepares you for how you will look and feel afterwards. 

The day after delivering my daughter I unexpectedly still looked very pregnant. No, I did not expect to have my abs back right away (I'm still trying to find them all), but I also didn't expect to look six months pregnant. At this point I was so happy that my daughter was healthy and that she was finally here and would come home with us soon but, I was also the most self-conscious about my physical appearance than I had ever been in my entire life. 


After your baby is born you get more visitors than an old lady giving away free cupcakes, so you want to look your best. Looking and feeling your best can be hard as a new mommy, so I am going to breakdown step by step how to look and feel amazing after giving birth. Whether you are going to the grocery store or having a family gathering to welcome your new bundle of joy, I've got you covered!


Step 1: Confidence! Confidence can make even the scaredest (wo)man look like the bravest. Even if you have to, fake it 'til you make it. I remember in the beginning it was hard for me to even just talk to people without being nervous (and I come from a job and life where all I do is talk all day), so know that it's normal and you're not alone. Just be you and remember that you are strong and let your confidence shine through naturally. 

Step 2: Concealer. Go for a Concealer two shades lighter than your complexion to brighten up your under eyes. Let everyone think that you have a magic baby who sleeps through night,  they'll never know!!!

Step 3: Mascara to open up your eyes and make you look more awake. 

Step 4: Blush in a soft pink/orange to bring some life back into your face. 

Step 5: Treat yourself to a new pair of jeans. Even if the jeans end up being a few sizes bigger than your pre-preggo size do it!!! You want to be able to wear something other than those boring leggings that you've been wearing for the past 8 months. Go for a straight leg and and boyfriend jeans are still a hot commodity, so when you loose those last 15lbs, put on a belt, roll up the cuffs and BAM boyfriend jeans! Style with a plain tee and blazer and you are good to go!

Step 6: Peplum tops or Empire waist blouses/dresses - magic for hiding the post-pregnancy belly. Remember to balance your outfit; if you are wearing a loose blouse go for a slender bottom and vice versa. 

Step 7: Fresh air. Go for a walk with your baby and partner around the neighbourhood at least twice a week. This is great for some light cardio and also to spend some quality time together as a family. Babies love walks too, even though they are in their stroller they well be easily occupied by their surroundings and they may even fall asleep during your walk! 

Step 8: Do something that you love and that makes you happy. Whether it be cooking (or ordering) your favourite meal and watching a movie on netflix, or having a DIY spa day at home with a girlfriend while your hubby takes care of the afternoon "baby duties". What ever it is, just remember to still be YOU!


Step 9:  Love yourself!!!! And know that your baby loves you for you (as well as your partner, that's why they're with you!!). Babies don't care what your hair looks like,  or if you forgot to take a shower last night. To your baby you are their whole world, they look to you for all of their needs and know nothing of a world without you. Always remember that the little baby smiling at you in her sleep will always love you just the way you are!!

Those are all of my tips and tricks to make you look and feel amazing! I hope that this was helpful for any and all mommies that may need a little pick me up, or a reminder of how amazing they already are!



What tips and/or tricks do you have to look and feel amazing after birth?  



Until next time....

Mel
aka Jennine's mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment