Avocados are an amazing source of healthy fats and they are a perfect food not only for us, but also for our babies! Now avocado by itself is not very appealing, so I have made a recipe that is sweet enough for your baby and is also high in fat, protein and fiber.
What you will need:
- Baby Bullet or a blender and a food processor
- 1/2 banana
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp of plain unsweetened greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp of uncooked quick oats (you can also cook the oats for this recipe if you wish)
- Using your Baby Bullet with the blending blade/blender/or a fork pureé the avocado and water to your desired texture
- Add half of a banana to the avocado and blend
- Add in the yhogurt and continue to blend in your Baby Bullet or by hand until you have a smooth texture
-Using your Baby Bullet with the milling blade/food processor grind the oats to a powder consistency
- Add the oat powder to the avocado mixture and blend until smooth
Makes approx. 12oz depending on the size of your fruit.
If you are not going to feed your baby right away, or if you are prepping your babies food for the next day than do not add the banana until you are ready to serve. Adding the banana beforehand will cause your pureé to turn brown and spoil. When you are ready to feed your baby just pop the mixture back into your Baby Bullet or blender and add the banana. If you are feeding your baby on the go then you can mash the banana seperatley before adding it to the mixture.
*Always remember that when feeding your baby a new food to follow the four day rule before introducing something new, to ensure that your baby does not have any food allergies.
Until next time....
aka Jennine's mommy